Monday 4 July 2011

So...Week 33


Another week, another blog.
We are now 7 weeks away from our due date! 7 WEEKS!
The rooms ready, the hospital bag is packed, my hair is already grey, so bring on the baby!
C'mon….
No…..
We gotta wait??
Damn!
 
I suppose we just have to play the waiting game, and a long boring game it is.
What's not boring (It keeps us entertained at least), is checking the little fruit ticker progress at the top of this page!

We are now DRUM ROLL PLEASE…..a Honey dew (That’s a melon for those that don’t know)

*Things are heating up inside as well: Baby may grow up to a full inch this week alone, and his brain is developing like crazy. Pretty soon, he'll be able to coordinate breathing with sucking and swallowing. Also, his bones are hardening, and he's started to keep his eyes open when he's awake. 
*Information and image courtesy of TheBump.com 

This baby is one hell of a mover. He/she is regularly giving Christine a kick in the ribs and is constantly moving. We are taking that as a positive.
We also think we had our first contraction!! It may have been Braxton Hicks, but still, its exciting. If you think Braxton Hicks sounds like a blues player, your right, but that’s not what I mean. Braxton Hicks is common in pregnancy and is also known as false labour or practice contractions. These are fairly painless but I think it gives the mother a little glimpse of what is to come. More information in Braxton Hicks can be found here on the always reliable Wikipedia 

In America at least they have a tradition of 'Baby Showers'. All I can gather about this seemingly age old tradition is that it is essentially a party where the mother to be invites all her friends round simply for them to buy her and/or baby a load of presents, sounds like a sweet deal to me. I recently saw an article (Which I now can't find) regarding a daddy style baby shower involving a BBQ with friends or a few drinks out on the town. So coincidentally I am leaving wife and bump this coming weekend as I am off to a music festival with some friends. Although I am sure I will enjoy every moment, I know I will be watching my phone closely. I know it is still a long way from due date and it is common for the first baby to be late, but magical things happen when I go to music festivals…Mostly bad!

Is that baby ready yet?
Did I mention we are playing a waiting game?

1 comment:

  1. Getting There. Baby Showers are just another reason to either clean your own house and get shit you have to return, or go to another house and then cart all the shit home. Your close man, almost there

    ReplyDelete